Introduction to Trans Awareness
Transgender Awareness Training for Professionals
With an estimated 1% of the population falling somewhere on the broad “trans” spectrum, public facing organisations are likely to encounter a range of diverse trans people in the course of their professional work.
Introduction to Trans Awareness’ is an entry-level training session for professionals in any discipline, which introduces the key information people need to know to work with trans people or to support trans colleagues.
The session is based around interactive exercises, encouraging participants to get involved in thinking through what trans means and ways to achieve equality and inclusivity in practice.
At the end of the session you will have:
- Improved understanding of trans identities, terms and language
- A basic grounding in the key laws relating to trans people
- Increased awareness of trans issues and ways to be trans inclusive
- Increased confidence in working with trans colleagues/clients
- Information about helpful resources
Here are just a few recent comments from some of our past 2500+ training participants:
“Presenter / trainer was excellent – I would recommend this training. It was well pitched, the pace was just right and the accompanying resources excellent” – Head of Student Services, Leeds College of Music, 2015
“This training was possibly the best I have attended in the last year. The trainer was exceptionally knowledgeable, approachable and humorous. I … will be making some organisational changes, which are so easy to make and may have a large impact on people in the future. Thank you so much for your time!” – Susan Venton, Vice President, Moody’s Investors Service, 2015
“Excellent session, good discussions. I feel much more informed & able to answer questions that might arise” – School Counsellor, Solihull School, 2014
|Date/Time:||Wednesday, 29th June 2016; 12:45 arrival (for a prompt 1:00pm start) – 4:00pm|
|Location:||Grand Harbour Hotel, W Quay Rd, Southampton SO15 1AG|
|Fee:||£85 / person|
|Booking:||BOOKING ESSENTIAL Click here to book or contact email@example.com|
We are a not-for-profit Community Interest Company, established in 2008.
Our vision is of a world where people are no longer constrained by narrow perceptions and expectations of gender, and where diverse gender expressions are visible and valued. Our mission is to increase understanding of gender diversity through creative ways.
We work predominantly with the trans community and those who impact on trans lives; we particularly specialise in supporting young trans people aged 8-25.
In addition to training we offer:
• Consultancy – working with you on specific issues
• Support packages – for workplace and educational settings
• Trans youth groups – meetings, projects and activities for 8-25 year olds
• Mentoring – for young trans people in educational settings
• Support for family and friends of young trans people
• Resources – booklets, reports and DVDs