Hampshire and the Isle of Wight’s Local LGBTQ+ Support Charity
Hello and welcome to Breakout Youth. Breakout Youth is an independent charity (no. 1180296) based in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. We offer a confidential support service for young people aged 11 to 21, who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning or unsure of their sexuality or gender identity.
Young people who identify as LGBTQ+ or are unsure often feel isolated and alone with their sexuality or gender identity. At Breakout Youth, you will find a group of likeminded young people that you can socialise with safely. You’ll also find help with those feelings of isolation or confusion. We run confidential youth groups based in Southampton, Romsey, Basingstoke, Andover, the New Forest and the Isle of Wight.
Covid19 Update: We are offering LGBTQ+ Zoom groups to young people who would like access to support. To find out more about the sessions, get in touch with us. Please note that referrals to our services are still being received.
We offer a range of support services to young people and professionals on LGBTQ+ issues
- Regular confidential youth groups across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
- Local activities and events providing enjoyment, support and valuable information.
- Help with talking to others about your sexuality or gender identity.
- Access to other services that may help you.
- Confidential one-on-one support.
- Access to free condoms, lube, Chlamydia screens, pregnancy testing and advice from qualified sexual health workers.
- Support to help you stay safe in your relationships and your community.
Raising awareness and educating professionals
If you are a professional, we also offer bespoke training on issues around sexuality, homophobia, gender and transphobia. We can design and run sessions for groups or assemblies, or support young people on a one to one basis.