Local Support for LGBTQ Young People
What We Offer
Breakout Youth offers support in the following areas:
- Weekly Youth Group for 11 – 21 year olds ( up to 25 with additional needs) every Thursday from 7-9pm
- Fortnightly LGBTQ Music Group for 12 – 25 year olds on a Monday from 6:30-8:30pm
- Training sessions for secondary schools free of charge
- PSHE lessons for Secondary schools
- Parent support sessions
- Monthly Gender Identity group on a Monday from 7-9pm
- 1:1 support
- Weekly Youth Group for 11 – 21 year olds ( up to 25 with additional needs) every Monday from 7-9pm
- Fortnightly LGBTQ Music Group for 12 – 25 year olds on a Wednesday from 6-8pm
- Monthly Gender Identity group
- Weekly Youth Group for 11 – 21 year olds ( up to 25 with additional needs) every Tuesday from 7-9pm
- Fortnightly Youth Group for 11-21 year olds (up to 25 with additional needs) on alternate Thursdays from 7-9pm
- 1:1 support
Isle of Wight
- Fortnightly Youth Group for 11 – 21 year olds (up to 25 with additional needs) on alternate Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30pm.
- Fortnightly Youth Group for 7 to 11 year olds with parent support in conjunction with Barnardo’s on a Monday from 4-6pm
- 1:1 support
- 4 free half day training courses for professionals working with LGBTQ young people.
Confidentiality and safety is really important at Breakout, so the venues of the youth groups are not advertised. This means that only people who have been referred (by themselves or someone else) can come along to the sessions. For details of the venues and dates of upcoming sessions, please contact us.
Access to additional support services
There are many different local and national agencies out there. Our trained staff and volunteers can help you find the right support you need when you need it.
Support with telling people about your sexuality or gender
Telling others how you are feeling can be difficult and stressful. We can help you decide who you want to tell, what you want to tell them and how best to say it
Sexual health support and supplies
We provide access to free condoms, lube, Chlamydia screening, pregnancy testing and advice from qualified sexual health workers.
Campaigning on your behalf
As well as working with individuals like you, we also work alongside other organisations to combat homophobia and transphobia in the wider community.
Support, Education and LGBT Awareness Training for Professionals
If you are a professional, we also offer bespoke training on issues around sexuality, homophobia, gender and transphobia. We can design and run sessions for groups or assemblies, or support young people on a one to one basis. Please use the contact page and get in touch for more details.